More than 350 people attended the 2016 Gate & Garden Tour on May 6, undeterred by a rainy start. The annual fundraiser helps to fund multiple scholarships, support of school gardens, community projects, and a new pollinator garden at the Blue Bell Foundation in Laguna Canyon.
8 gardens along Manzanita Drive graced the tour, plein air artists painted in several of them, and the largest garden featured an acre of magnificent grounds at an historic home. The half-mile tour route marked the edge of the 1993 Laguna fire, and the gardens showcased stunning growth and re-growth.
Special Thanks To:
- Laguna Beach Books, Laguna Drug, Laguna Nursery, Dana Point Nursery, and Tides Inn for ticket sales
- Dana Point Nursery for the raffle grand prize
- Doug Miller for photos of the 1993 fire
- Laguna Beach County Water District for their display
- Tour Chair Nancy Englund and the Tour Committee
- 70 Garden Club volunteers who greeted ticket-holders and made the tour a success