Founded in 1928 in beautiful Laguna Beach, California, the Laguna Beach Garden Club supports a wide variety of projects related to education in gardening, horticulture, landscape and floral design, conservation, ecology, and bird life.
We have been “growing and giving” since our inception, and the first 20 years of the club’s formation are celebrated in a historical document that was unearthed with the help of the Laguna Beach Historical Society.
Today, we are more than 150 members strong and a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Here are some of our current community programs:
- Scholarships to Saddleback College horticultural students and to college-bound seniors from Laguna Beach High School who are interested in horticulture and related fields.
- Donations to educational school gardens at El Morro and Top of the World Elementary Schools and Thurston Middle School, as well as to local public gardens and arboretums.
- Ongoing care of the downtown Laguna Beach “Pocket Park” on Forest Avenue, which we originally refurbished through the hard work of our members.
- Regular maintenance of the Sister Cities Garden in Laguna’s Heisler Park, which we originally planted and which features flora typical of Menton, France; St. Ives, England; and San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
Our annual Gate & Garden Tour is a public viewing of several of the loveliest gardens that Laguna Beach residents have to offer. The popular tour is our most important fundraising event and helps makes possible our scholarships, support of school gardens and other initiatives.
As we make our plans for the future, the members of the Laguna Beach Garden Club remain wholeheartedly committed to preserving and enhancing the natural beauty of the community we serve. We are happy we can help make a difference.
Activities & Meetings
Besides participating in community projects, members enjoy fun activities throughout the year, such as:
- Trips & Tours for a day, e.g., to succulent nurseries and to historic homes and gardens
- Green Thumb Crafts at members’ homes, e.g., creating mosaic planters and container gardens
- Monthly club meetings featuring fantastic guest speakers who make excellent presentations on gardening and garden-related topics
- The Holiday Members’ Homes Tour
- The annual Container Garden Auction in February – a silent auction for beautiful, hand-made, one-of-a-kind items that helps fund some of our projects.
The Laguna Beach Garden Club welcomes new members at any time of the year. If you’re thinking of joining the club, please come to our next regular meeting at 9:30 am on the second Friday of the month (September-May) in Tankersley Hall at Laguna Presbyterian Church, 415 Forest Avenue. The entrance is on Second Street midway between Forest Avenue and Mermaid Street. We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Address & Schedule
Laguna Presbyterian Church
415 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92652
Second Friday of the Month
(September – May)